Does your teen have a hobby they’re passionate about? What if they could turn it into something more? Whether they’re a natural leader and just need some business basics or they’re ready to take their side hustle to the next level, Foundations in Entrepreneurship is for them! With help from Dave Ramsey and his team of experts, your teen will learn essential business skills like management, communication, finance, HR, marketing and more. Empower your teen to become an entrepreneur who leads with character and excels in the work they love.
This curriculum includes:
- Fully digital content—all you need is a computer or tablet and internet access
- Auto-graded assessments (because we know you’re busy!)
- Video lessons, case studies and activities your teen can complete at their own pace—no instructor needed!
How It Works:
Once you purchase the curriculum, you’ll receive a link and a unique online class code. Follow the instructions on the email to register. You’ll have access to the online course for one year beginning when you first redeem the class code.
If I have multiple children can they all use the same copy of the curriculum?
The Self-Study edition of the curriculum is intended for one student as the assessments included in the course can only be completed once.
Number of Assessments: 20
Number of Chapters: 4
Certificate of Achievement: No
Hours of Video: 1.5
Approximate Time Needed to Complete the Course: 6-7 hours
Applicable for School Credit: We provide educational content. We do not provide course credit; however, you may submit a request for course credit to your teen’s school or education system. Once your teen completes the course in its entirety, you may contact our team to request a certificate of completion. Please allow 2-3 business days for the delivery of the certificate. The awarding of course credit is at the school’s or education system’s discretion.
- Module 1: Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Introduces the topic of entrepreneurship, explores traits of entrepreneurs and leaders, examines examples of entrepreneurs, and provides guidelines for effective communication and dealing with conflict.
- Module 2: Economics and Finances
- Explores economic concepts including economic systems, capitalism, and the relationship between cost and profit. The module will also explore financial topics such as operating expenses, retained earnings, taxes, a P&L statement, resource management, and charitable giving.
- Module 3: Marketing
- Explains the differences between products and services as well as identifying the marketplace need for a product of service. The module also covers marketing, branding, social media and selling.
- Module 4: Business Management
- Explains what a business plan is and how to write one, how to write strong goals, what to consider related to business growth, things to consider related to hiring staff, how to use technology in business, and the importance of generosity.